Posted by Parmesan.com
The secret to this kid-friendly recipe for Parmesan chicken tenders is in the crust: Baked Parmesan chicken tenders are wrapped in a sweet and savory coating of crushed cornflakes and Parmigiano Reggiano® cheese. Since even big kids love to dip their food, you can serve these Parmesan-crusted chicken tenders with a bowl of Simple Tomato Sauce for adult dippers, or with ketchup if your children prefer it. Have budding chefs in your family? Show your kids how to dip the chicken in the egg batter and roll the pieces in the Parmigiano Reggiano-cornflake mixture. If you don’t have cornflakes, you can use any crunchy cereal that isn’t overly sweet or flavored.
These Parmesan chicken tenders are baked in the oven—a healthier and simpler alternative to frying. Serve these baked Parmesan chicken tenders along with a platter of raw vegetables such as carrots, celery sticks and broccoli florets, or serve on a bed of spaghetti with butter and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. The kids—and the grown-ups—will love it!
Prep Time - 20 min | Cooking Time - 15 min
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into narrow strips to make chicken tenders. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the eggs, flour, milk and salt and whisk together into a batter.
4. Put the cornflakes into a zipper storage bag and crush them using your hands or a rolling pin. Mix in the Parmigiano Reggiano and spread the mixture on a shallow plate.
5. Prepare a greased baking sheet. Dip each chicken tender in the batter, then roll in the cornflake and cheese mixture. Place them on the baking sheet.
6. Spray the chicken tenders with baking spray or olive oil spray. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to15 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
7. Heat up the tomato sauce and serve with the chicken tenders..