Posted by lkbiz1
This original recipe can be used as a meal when served with a salad or as a great "halftime" snack.
Prep Time - 20 min | Cooking Time - 40 min
1. Thaw the bread dough to room temperature. Thaw the spinach and squeeze out any excess liquid.
2. Remove the casings from the Italian sausage and cook until crumbly and cooked through. Drain and discard any excess fat. When the sausage has partially cooled, combine the sausage, chopped spinach and the Italian blend cheese.
3. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Separate the egg into yolk and white. Combine the egg yolk, Parmigiano Reggiano and the Italian seasoning. Roll the dough out into a 14 by 14-inch square. Spread the egg yolk mixture onto the dough.
4. Spread the sausage mixture onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Gently roll the dough into a loaf. Pinch the ends to close. Place on a large cookie sheet with the seam side down. Brush with the egg white.
5. Bake for approximately 35 minutes until the bread sounds hollow. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.