Posted by Parmesan.com
From start to finish this easy pizza dough recipe can be made in the food processor or in your stand mixer, and be ready for use in two hours. You could also let the dough rise in your refrigerator overnight. This easy pizza recipe is a winner any time you want pizza from your kitchen. If you do refrigerate the dough, let it come to room temperature for about one hour before proceeding with making an easy pizza with your favorite toppings.
You can use this tasty easy pizza dough for all kinds of delicious recipes. Make a calzone with fresh spinach, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions. Try making a sausage bread with spicy Italian sausage, black olives, Mozzarella and lots of Parmigiano Reggiano® cheese. You’re on a roll—a pizza roll--keep going!
Prep Time - 1 hour, 30 min
1. Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of your food processor and process briefly to mix.
2. Add the water and olive oil and process until the dough forms a ball and cleans the sides of the bowl. Dough should be soft but not sticky. If it is, add a tablespoon more flour.
3. Oil a metal bowl with a little olive oil and put the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a towel, and put it in a warm place to rise for about 1½ hours. Alternatively, let the dough rise overnight in the refrigerator. Take it out an hour before you plan to make your pizza and let it come to room temperature.
4. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide in two pieces. Roll each piece into a flattened ball, put on a baking sheet that has been lightly floured, sprinkle with a little more flour and cover with a towel or some plastic wrap. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. If you are using a pizza pan, use your hands and fingers to slowly work the dough into a circle directly on the oiled pan. You can also use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough on a floured work surface and transfer your pizza onto a baking stone using a pizza peel sprinkled with corn meal.
6. Top the pizza with your favorite toppings and bake in a very hot oven (500° F) for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.