Posted by Parmesan.com
This recipe for chicken lasagna, also known as chicken Alfredo lasagna, features layers of chicken in a Parmesan Cream Sauce and a layer of spinach between lasagna noodles. If that sounds time consuming, four things make this chicken lasagna recipe a time saver: It can be made ahead, it freezes well, and you can cook chicken breasts and slice them for this chicken lasagna, or use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. The freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano® cheese in this chicken lasagna is a defining ingredient. For a heartier flavor, replace the spinach with 12 ounces of rappi (broccoli rabe) that has been blanched and drained. You can also add sliced sautéed mushrooms and/or caramelized onions to this chicken Alfredo lasagna recipe. If you love garlic, use Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce in this chicken lasagna.
Although any type of lasagna noodles for this chicken lasagna recipe will work, no-boil lasagna noodles will save you an extra step.
Prep Time - 30 min | Cooking Time - 1 hour
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Slowly heat the Parmesan Cream Sauce in a saucepan, taking care not to let it burn. If the sauce was made in advance and is very thick, add milk to thin it. You should have 4½ cups total. Correct the seasoning by adding salt, pepper and nutmeg. The sauce should be highly seasoned.
3. Defrost and drain the spinach, or blanch the fresh rappi in boiling water for three minutes, and drain. If you are adding mushrooms and/or caramelized onions, cook these and have them ready.
4. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish and spread about 1 cup of Parmesan Cream Sauce on the bottom. Add a layer of no-boil lasagna sheets, leaving about a ½-inch gap between the noodles and the edge of the dish (the sheets will expand).
5. Spread half the chicken in one layer on the pasta, cover with 1½ cups of Parmesan Cream Sauce, and spread with half the Mozzarella. Top with a layer of lasagna sheets.
6. Spread the spinach over the sheets, and sprinkle with half the Parmigiano Reggiano. Top with a layer of lasagna sheets.
7. Spread the rest of the chicken on the lasagna sheets then add another 1½ cups of Parmesan Cream Sauce and the rest of the Mozzarella. Top with the final layer of lasagna sheets.
8. Mix the last of the Parmesan Cream Sauce with the heavy cream. Pour over the last layer of sheets, and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmigiano Reggiano. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake 15 minutes more so the top can brown. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving.