Posted by jordanschachter
Serve this clear soup in small cups or shot glasses at your next appetizer party or at the start of a pull-out-all-the-stops dinner
Prep Time - 2 hours, 30 min | Cooking Time - 30 min
1. One day ahead, combine the Parmigiano Reggiano rinds and 8 cups of cold water in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over a low flame, cover with parchment paper and a lid and simmer on very low heat until very fragrant, about two and a half hours.
2. Remove from the heat, season with salt to taste and let the broth sit overnight with the Parmigiano Reggiano rinds so they can continue to infuse their flavor.
3. The next day, strain the broth, using cheesecloth to remove any fat and impurities. Discard the rinds and gently reheat the broth over low heat.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly drizzle the black trumpet mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place on a sheet pan and bake at in the preheated oven until dry and aromatic.
5. Pour the broth into two-ounce shot glasses or small cups and top with a black trumpet mushroom crisp before serving.